Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - This week

Planning application for Static Caravan in garden

Former Member, modified 4 Years ago.

Planning application for Static Caravan in garden

Hi All!

Sorry to post another static caravan question on this forum, however, I'm really puzzled by the planning application for a static caravan.

I would like to live in a static caravan in one of my parent's gardens. This wouldn't be a long-term solution, only maybe around three years. I understand that I would require planning permission due to the fact that I will be living in the static, and not using it as an extension to the house.

My parents spoke to the council today to make a general inquiry, however, when they explained the situation they were pretty much told outright by the council that this would not be approved due to their property (and much of our county) being in a Level 3 flood zone area. 

After looking into the situation in more depth, I understand that there is a Flooding Risk Assessment and many other documents that need to be obtained and submitted. I'm a little bit lost in all of the documents I am finding online as this is something I've never had to do before.

I am unsure if this is something I should even consider, or if I should give up on the idea if it most likely going to fail planning. Like I say, I've never had experience within planning and am unsure whether I should just try to come up with a new plan or if I should try and pursue the idea.

Kind Regards

Scott