Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Yesterday

Change to Outline applications?

Former Member, modified 7 Years ago.

Change to Outline applications?

I am beginning to think I need to retire, I have obviously missed something so can someone enlighten me about when outline applications altered to include use?

I am currently having a conversation on validation about the ability to include a use of land (not relating to the building they want to erect) within an outline application

The original definition in the 1990 act about erection of a building or structure or an extension to a building or structure seems to have gone.

The Development Management Procedure Order defines Outline planning permission as  an erection of a building, which is granted consent subject to a condition requiring the subsequent approval of the LPA with respect of one or more reserved matters. So that stays consistent, however,

The Planning Practise Guidance states the following

Outline planning applications

What details need to be submitted with an outline planning application?

Information about the proposed use or uses, and the amount of development proposed for each use, is necessary to allow consideration of an application for outline planning permission.

Under article 5(3) of the Development Management Procedure Order 2015, an application for outline planning permission must also indicate the area or areas where access points to the development will be situated, even if access has been reserved.

Paragraph: 034 Reference ID: 14-034-20140306

Revision date: 06 03 2014

Plus all information on outline applications seems to be a lot woolier than it used to be.

any ideas?