Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Today

Error in new PPG para 107 on decision making prior to a referendum?

Ryan Shepherd, modified 3 Years ago.

Error in new PPG para 107 on decision making prior to a referendum?

New Member Posts: 15 Join Date: 20/10/11 Recent Posts

We are about to make a decision regarding a Neighbourhood Plan following examination. Obviously any subsequent referendum will be delayed as a result of relevant coronavirus legislation, and new para 107 of PPG clarifies the weight to give to neighbourhood plans in the meantime following publication of a decision notice. However the paragraph specifically refers to decision notices  issued under Regulation 25 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012. My understanding is that Reg 25 relates to neighbourhood development orders and
community right to build orders - it is actually Reg 18 under which a decision notice is published relating to a neighbourhood plan proceeding to referendum.

I wonder if anyone else has spotted this? I suspect it may just be a drafting error given that the various legislative and guidance changes were done quickly, but would be interested to know if anyone has had any clarification regarding this element of the new guidance.

thumbnail
Martin Hutchings, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: Error in new PPG para 107 on decision making prior to a referendum?

Enthusiast Posts: 30 Join Date: 26/02/13 Recent Posts

Ryan - thanks for this - PAS has drawn this to the attention of MHCLG - you were right and they are correcting this today. Thanks Ryan, Forum earns its keep once again. 

Helen