Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Today

Evidence required for an Area Action Plan

Jane Howarth, modified 7 Years ago.

Evidence required for an Area Action Plan

New Member Posts: 2 Join Date: 08/02/17 Recent Posts

We are currently seeking to appoint consultants to help prepare the evidence for an Area Action Plan.  However, initial feedback from the consultants is that the information the Council has required on flood risk and water management exceeds what they would anticipate as being required to inform a sound Area Action Plan.     The Environment Agency has supported the Councils approach to flood risk and water management. Can anyone advise on the extent of evidence required re: flood risk and water management to support an Area Action Plan?

Former Member, modified 7 Years ago.

RE: Evidence required for an Area Action Plan

Hi Jane, 

I worked on an AAP for a Local Authority in West Yorkshire a few years ago, which covered a city centre. The AAP had areas of Flood Zone 3. The evidence required to support making land use allocations was the same as any other Local Plan; undertake an SFRA level 1 and then level 2 if you want to meet the exceptions test of allocating land for development in Flood Zone 3. It may be that your Core Strategy / Local Plan has already undertaken an SFRA level 1 and level 2 assessment; therefore the evidence you need may already be available. 

Undertaking a SFRA level 2 on a small area should not be too costly or time consuming. 

If you want to give me a call, number is in my profile.