Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Today

Non Permanent Structure Planning Advice

Former Member, modified 3 Years ago.

Non Permanent Structure Planning Advice

We are located in the Scottish Borders and we are in the planning process to erect 2 glamping pods on land approx 6 metres higher than the riverbed in our garden.  Our land is on a 1:200 flood plain.  Planning is stating that we need to relocate these outwith the flood plain, which is impossible.  Glamping pods have a limited lifespan and won't be here in 200 years and even in 200 years there is absolutely no way that flooding will occur (see attached pics - hubby is at the height the pods will be able the river 6m).  We can't get past this with planning and they have requested a Flood Risk Assessment.  Before we go to this expense I am looking for advice.  We extensively extended our house 10 years ago and the extension is on a lower ground level than the pods.  No objection or issue was made in relation to flooding of our extension so why can they object to the siting of 2 non permanent structures on higher land?  I'm completely confused re this.  There is more chance of our house flooding in 200 years than the pods!  The pods are also able to be moved, if necessary.  I'm arguing with planning but getting nowhere, it's like their mind is made up.  We were initially provided with a positive pre-planning application saying the area would benefit from these and the location is appropriate in terms of all of the local plans.  TIA

You do not have permission to access the requested resource.