Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - This week

Neighbourhood Planning Referendum May 2021

Former Member, modified 3 Years ago.

Neighbourhood Planning Referendum May 2021

We had 2 referendums postponed last year due to coronavirus, and it is anticipated these will now take place on 6 May 2021 alongside the postponed local elections. I am in the process of collating all the relevant data as per the Neighbourhood Planning Referendums Regulations.  The regulations (Reg 4 (b)) require that this data must be available for inspection during the referendum period at the Council offices not fewer than 28 working days prior to the referendum being held, which I'm advised by our elections team will be 24 March 2021. Given the current lockdown, and it is unclear what the position will be by 24 March, should we be encouraging non-essential journeys to inspect documents?, all the documents will also be available online (Reg 4(a)), but neither parish has its own offices so there is no local option to allow inspection of documents. As far as I can see all the legislation postponing the referendums and covering the neighbourhood planning process during the pandemic doesn't address this scenario.  

You do not have permission to access the requested resource.