Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - This week

Does the 10 year rule apply to me?

Former Member, modified 3 Years ago.

Does the 10 year rule apply to me?

Background:

I am wanting to site a mobile home which I intend to live in, on a piece of green-belt land I own (around an acre). It is within a residential but semi-rural area (houses/gardens back onto 2 sides of the plot and has stables already in situ for over 20 years - all within the law). There is a short track down to the entrance to the plot with a pavement 50% of the way down as it is used as access for some of the surrounding properties. Next to the stable block is a static caravan which has been in situ for over 16 years (so much so you can see it as a dwelling on Ordnance Survey). This has been sited (not hidden) without planning, with no issues or complaints and has been used on and off throughout that period. There are obviously water and electric charges to the plot for the stables and we have even been charged sewerage rates from our water provider.

Might the 10 year rule apply to my situation in the sense that I could apply for LDC to simply replace the old static with an upgraded mobile home to live in? 

Apologies if some of the information is irrelevant.

Thanks