Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Today

Affordable Housing Re-Sales

Former Member, modified 17 Years ago.

Affordable Housing Re-Sales

I am looking for some advice in relation to charging administration fees to vendors on the re-sale of affordable housing secured through section 106. We have nomination rights to these units and I was wondering if other authorities include a clause which allows them to charge an admin fee on re-sale. We are considering 1% plus VAT, but I wasn't sure whether this was standard practice or not. Any advice or shared experience would be very much appreciated.
Former Member, modified 17 Years ago.

Affordable Housing re:sales

No experience to share regarding re:sales I'm afraid as we haven't reached that stage yet. Over the last 18 months we have granted a number of affordable dwelllings with s106 attached. we don't retain nomination rights - what we do however is issue certificates to qualifying persons based on occupancy criterion. When it comes to re-sale this process will be undertaken again. To date we have not envisaged charging for this service nor are we charging for the initial service bar the drawing up of the s106. Would be interested in anything you find out. My e-mail address is llinost@ceredigion.gov.uk.
paul rowland, modified 17 Years ago.

Nominations and Sales Protocol

New Member Posts: 4 Join Date: 12/08/13 Recent Posts
The COuncil secured a 1% fee for operating the nomination service in the S106 agreement for Wixams new settlement. I think the document is on our website. When you find it you need to look at Schedule 2, Part1, para 11.2.8 If you can't find the document Natalie Westgate on 01234 221810 should be able to give you directions!
Former Member, modified 16 Years ago.

Affordable Housing Resales

Jennifer, I don't know whether you have resolved this issue (I've not long joined the forum), but maybe I could help with some information from a housing provider viewpoint? When you are talking about the resale of affordable housing are you talking about the shared ownership sales? and if so what are you trying to achieve through charging the vendor an administration fee?