Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - May

Fast track for planning contributions

Former Member, modifié il y a 16 années.

Fast track for planning contributions

For our public space contributions we are looking to see if we can implement a fast-track approach whereby an applicant may chose to forego the S106 route with its attendant delays/costs and pay their contribution up front at the time of submitting their application. There is some concern as to the legitimacy of this approach and I'm wondering if any other authorites take this route and if so, do they have any legal backing to the approach.

Unilaterals

I would avoid this approach as there may be issues further down the line with regards to what was required of either the developer or the Local Authority through the contribution. Its always best to get these things down on paper! If you want to avoid unnecessary delays and extra legal costs you might consider the developer submitting a Unilateral Undertaking, although I would get your Legal team to give it a quick look. If it is going to be a regular and similar contirbution from a number of sites why not get Legal to draft a template, which can then be easily tweaked for each case.
paul rowland, modifié il y a 16 années.

fast track for contributions

New Member Publications: 4 Date d'inscription: 12/08/13 Publications Récentes
With apologies to colleagues at North Herts DC, i understand they have introduced the approach of collecting the money before accepting the application for registration. You may want to ask them how it's going?

Fast Track Planning Contributions

Have a look at Colchester BC web site Planning. They have a standard Unilateral on the site and a guidance note requiring applicants to calculate the POS contribution and submit a Unilateral and legal title to the site with the Planning Application

Fast Track Planning Contributions

Eastleigh BC have used this as an option in simple "contributions only" situations for some time. It seems to work OK. The contribution is paid prior to the issuing of the permission and a receipt is generally provided which specifies what the contribution may be used for and can contain provisions for repayment if not spent in a specified period. There is of course scope for the applicant to satisfy themselves of the acceptability of the receipt to be given in advance of making the payment. Details are on Eastleigh's website.