Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - Wythnos yma

Second Guessing the Developer on Viability

Former Member, Addaswyd 13 Years yn ôl.

Second Guessing the Developer on Viability

From the feedback on the current PAS course on viability which I am delivering alongside Roger Tym & Partners it was clear that many people have difficulty in finding information to help to judge when developer's appraisals are excessively self serving. To help with this I have posted a series of links to hard data on values and costs on my website www.regenerate.co.uk where you will find it under 'links'. Note also that the Guide to 'Development Viability & Planning which is also available there, is an updated version of the PAS course workbook.
Former Member, Addaswyd 13 Years yn ôl.

Re: Second Guessing the Developer on Viability

Michael Thanks for this. Following previous signposting, I've visited your site before and find some very useful formulae and calculations which are helpful. I work in Community Led Spatial Planning, which involves projections on planning gain and community benefit. Since PAS Viability Courses were oversubscribed and restricted to local government officers, is it PAS', Roger Tym's or your intention to run more courses with wider eligibility? Look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes - Les Huckfield
Former Member, Addaswyd 10 Years yn ôl.

Re: Second Guessing the Developer on Viability

A lot has changed since the PAS courses that were delivered by myself & Roger Tym. They have now become part of Peter Brett Associates. I have retired from consultancy but am still involved in coaching on viability issues. The victims are mainly the Universities but also LA's and others. 

I don't know what PAS are doing. Some time ago they changed the tendering rules and made it impractical for a sole practitioner like me to participate in teaching on any basis. Some of the material used  for those courses should soon be reappearing as part of the RTPI onlice CPD course on viability. August, they tell me.