Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - Aujourd'hui

CIL Software Specification

Former Member, modifié il y a 11 années.

CIL Software Specification

We are planning to procure new CIL software in September 2012 and wonder if anyone else has a software specification they have used and would be willing to share. Many thanks
Simon Pickstone, modifié il y a 11 années.

Re: CIL Software Specification

Advocate Publications: 104 Date d'inscription: 22/04/13 Publications Récentes
Hi Jane I have a contact at Huntingdonshire District Council who may be able to help. I know they were looking at some bespoke internal software development. If you email me I would be happy to pass you their details (simon.pickstone@peterborough.gov.uk).

Hi Jane, Did you ever get sorted with your CIL requirement? We are entering the final specification phase of our CIL module and expect to be ready to ship the software in June 2013. We have worked closely with two district authorities to ensure the software meets all the requirements of the CIL process. If you would like further details please contact me on 0191 495 5245 or email me at gc@def.co.uk. Kind regards, Graeme Cooke Business Development Manager DEF Software Limited

Jane, I work in the CIL team at Shropshire Council. We use the Exacom system to administer CIL (income and project delivery). This is performed using two software packages: CIL Administration and CIL Project Management. These two packages talk to each other, so any information entered into one updates the other. I also understand Exacom are in the process of developing a S106 module which will ensure that all developer contributions can be administered consistently and spend on infrastructure projects can be recorded as appropriate. CIL Administration • The Exacom CIL administration software interfaces with our planning software (Idox Uniform) imports information on potentially CIL liable applications. • The system incorporates a CIL calculator that allows you to calculate the levy based on the chargeable floorspace (fully Regs compliant and incorporates indexing). • The system generates Liability Notices/Demand Notices and Acknowledgement Letters (as required). Developed to suit specific needs. • The system includes document management of all CIL notices issued and developer submissions received. You can also record specific comments to provide a summary of reasons for decisions and relevant background information. • The system has CIL enforcement and surcharge sections. • The system interfaces with finance to import information on receipts and expenditure. • Allows production of reports to monitor CIL collection, spend etc. • Provides an audit trail. Project Module • The Exacom CIL Project Module allows you to records projects delivered through CIL, and other sources of funding etc. • Produces reports on CIL collection, spend etc. • It provides an audit trail of CIL spend. Our experience of the software has been very positive. The system is specifically designed for monitoring CIL, therefore it assists in ensuring administration is performed in accordance with the Regulations. Additionally, it has been developed by those with a knowledge of the Regulations and the Planning Process.

Whatever software package you're using, I would hope that they've got an agreement in place with the RICS over storing and reproducing BCIS indices, as otherwise BCIS terms & conditions will be infringed.