Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Today

Mid Devon v Plymouth - CIL Affordable Housing Assumptions

Former Member, modified 11 Years ago.

Mid Devon v Plymouth - CIL Affordable Housing Assumptions

We are at a crtical stage in deciding our affordable housing assumptions for our CIL viability assessment. Does anyone have a view on the key differences between the Mid-Devon CIL Inspector's decision and the Plymouth decision? They seem to be polar opposites when it comes to the assumptions about affordable housing.

Re: Mid Devon v Plymouth - CIL Affordable Housing Assumptions

Hello Richard, along with a colleague, I was the Council’s representative at the Examination of Plymouth’s CIL Charging Schedule. I don’t think the issue has been addressed particularly well in press reports, and public statements made by other authorities are not particularly helpful either. Email me at peter.hearn@plymouth.gov.uk and I’ll happily give you my opinion. Peter

Re: Mid Devon v Plymouth - CIL Affordable Housing Assumptions

At the recent CIL seminars Keith Holland of PINs has been very clear that the plan level of affordable housing is the one that should be used when accessing viability not the amount that is actually being delivered or a level that you might be happy to accept. His view is that if you are consistently not delivering the plan amount review that element of your plan.