Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Today

In-house Viability Assessors / Coordinators

Former Member, modified 10 Years ago.

Hi all,

Does anyone have (or know of) one or more local authorities (particularly london) with dedicated in-house resources for any combination of the following viability related functions:

a) consultancy procurement

b) viability cost monitoring

c) viability submission assessments

d) viability data gathering and monitoring

I am interested in benchmarking against best or good practice to establish ways in which a local authority may acquire more ownership over viability related processes and procedures. Lessons learnt, general advice given, funding and resourcing issues would be appreciated as feedback.

Many thanks.

Former Member, modified 10 Years ago.

On the subject of viability, and further to Gavin's questions does anyone have any good practice guidance on sharing viability reports with members of the planning committee? I know at least one authority that provides it on "pink papers" for all the committee members but the best offer I have got from my authority is that I can see the info on a "need to know" basis, request must be submitted in writing with reasons, cleared by the head of DM and the chair of planning, and only then might I be able to see the district valuer's report in a locked room under secure guard....(only joking about the secure guard!)