Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Today

Reg 61 administration costs - how does this work with neighbourhood fund

Former Member, modified 10 Years ago.

Re CIL reg 61: can anyone clarify whether a charging authority's 5% claw-back of CIL for admin costs is calculated according to a total yearly CIL amount before the 15% for neighbourhood funding is deducted? Or is it calculated on a figure which has deducted the 15%?
If the former, then a chariging authority would get more clawback for admin costs. I don't think the CIL regs or CIL guidance addresses this issue. 

Hi Scott

There was a previous forum on this type of issue some months ago. The way you deal with this is to take the 5% off at the point of receipt of CIL income.

So if you received £1,000 of CIL you would take £50 to cover set up and admin costs, allocate £150 to the relevant Parish / neighbourhood, and allocate £800 to the "infrastructure to support growth" CIL pot.

Hope this helps

Jim

(Jim Cliffe - Bristol City Council Planning Obligations Manager)

Thanks Jim. That does help. And the answer I was hoping for! Is there a bit in the regs where this is clarified?

Scott

Hi Scott

There was a previous forum on this type of issue some months ago. The way you deal with this is to take the 5% off at the point of receipt of CIL income.

So if you received £1,000 of CIL you would take £50 to cover set up and admin costs, allocate £150 to the relevant Parish / neighbourhood, and allocate £800 to the "infrastructure to support growth" CIL pot.

Hope this helps

Jim

(Jim Cliffe - Bristol City Council Planning Obligations Manager)

[/quote]

I agree with Jim and in terms of where it says it - I think it is just the way reg 61 is written - it is all about the CIL that is collected. e.g. ...." (3) In relation to a charging authority which collects CIL charged by it-”

(a)in years one to three, the total amount of CIL that may be applied to administrative expenses incurred during those three years, and any expenses incurred before the charging schedule was published, shall not exceed five per cent of CIL collected over the period of years one to three;  ..."

not about how much it ( the charging authority) gets to keep.

Yep that makes sense. Thanks Gilian.