Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - This week

RTPI accreditation in enforcement

Former Member, modified 16 Years ago.

Both myself and colleagues in the enforcement team have are currently studying for/have recently completed the RTPI accredited MSC in Planning. I was wondering if anyone else who has completed the qualification has obtained RTPI membership through the Assesement of Professional Competence route or is currently working to do so? We are not sure from the guidance whether enforcement experience alone would meet the criteria.
Former Member, modified 16 Years ago.

Helen, hello I've only just seen your comment and am probably too late to be of assistance. However, just in caseā€¦ In November 2006 I completed the RTPI accredited Master of Civic Design (MCD). Because I completed the MCD in 2006 I thought that I would have to apply for membership through the APC route. However because of my experience/qualifications I was able to gain membership via Special Entry. It might be relevant to you to know that the vast majority of my qualifying experience (8 years Enf/2 years DC) was gained in enforcement, which the RTPI accepted as meeting the criteria. Regards Roy Rizvi TechRTPI, Dip PS, MCD, MRTPI