Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Yesterday

Advert prosecution - delayed by submission of LDC

Former Member, modified 16 Years ago.

Advert prosecution - delayed by submission of LDC

Hi, We are dealing with a prosecution under Advert regs for 2 adverts attached to trailers parked next to the motorway (illuminated). The owner of the farm has advised he is now going to submit a Lawful Development Certificate as the trailers are his farm delivery trailers and always carry the adverts and are usually on the road when not advertising this business on his land. We have produced evidence that the trailers are not road-worthy (set of wheels missing / no lights etc) - he says they are awaiting repair... This has been adjourned once but is due back in Court in 2 weeks. He is now going to ask for it to be adjourned again, until his LDC (and any subsequent appeal) has been dealt with. This is clearly a time-wasting exercise, but I'm not sure how the Courts will view it - we feel we have enough evidence to prove he is guilty now. Has anyone had anything similar and what did the Courts do? Thanks. Rich
Former Member, modified 16 Years ago.

Advert Prosecution - LDC

Hi Rich Whilst it is open to the landowner to apply for an LDC in respect of the use of the land for storing the trailers I've never heard of anyone using an LDC to regularise an advert. As you say, this is a time-wasting exercise. It is an offence to display an advert without the appropriate consent so I would go for the prosecution now if I were in your shoes. Regards Sue Taylor