Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - This week

Display of Estate Agents Boards

Former Member, modified 13 Years ago.

Display of Estate Agents Boards

Would appreciate anyone's views as to whether an Estate Agents board giving the name of the company, their telephone number and the caption 'Sales and Lettings' with no reference as to whether the property is for sale, to let etc contravenes the conditions/limitations of Class 3A of the Advertisement Regulations please.

Re: Display of Estate Agents Boards

Nigel, We have been conducting a campaign for about 18 months now against the plethera of estate agent signs displayed around the town. The regualtion refers to "the sale or letting ... on the premises on which it is displayed" I have interupted that to mean lterally To Let / Let By etc. The crux of the matter is 'does the sign relate to the sale or letting of the property on which it is displated'? Further enquiries is the only course of action to establish this, more work I am afraid! I have ciruculated our practice to the estate agents and in the most part have gained their co-operation! ... until recently! We now have a business called "Student Pads" which by definition has a more generic meaning, but the same will still apply, it is for us to prove and will I have no doubt, regards Michael

Re: Display of Estate Agents Boards

Michael Apologies for my belated response to your response to my question. I share your view that boards should say 'To Let' or 'Let' etc. and will be making further enquiries as you suggest. Regards Nigel