Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - This week

NPPF or the death of planning enforcement

Former Member, modified 12 Years ago.

NPPF or the death of planning enforcement

The lack of joined up thinking is clearly visible with the poor quality of the coalition planning policy and the localism agenda. The new mantra from the centre is one of develop all and control nothing, so where is planning enforcement in all this new ‘blue sky’ thinking from the coalition (more like dark skies with the chance or rain later) So is this the end of enforcement as we know it, do we all seek out a nice chunk of green belt knowing that it will be a nice development plot for the future – and to build that retirement home in the countryside ? So with the withdrawal of PPG18 and 19 and circ 10/97 when the new NPPF lands upon us, just what one paragraph summing up the enforcement service will replace it ! I am not holding my breath in expectation, let’s face it we are still waiting for PPG18 to be re-written after how many years now…….. The dictionary has ‘Blue Sky Thinking as “thinking that is not grounded or in touch in the realities of the present”
Former Member, modified 12 Years ago.

Re: NPPF or the death of planning enforcement

Circular 10/97 is not on the list of circulars to be abolished as far as I can see http://www.communities.gov.uk/documents/planningandbuilding/pdf/1951747.pdf