Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Yesterday

Online Planning Enforcement information

Former Member, modified 12 Years ago.

Online Planning Enforcement information

I have been contacted by our Planning Enforcement unit with regards to putting planning enforcement information online. The authority does have planning enforcement information available over the internet and they introduced this as part of the Pendleton review/planning delivery grant requirements and PARSOL requirements a number of years ago now. The planning enforcement unit are asking whether they need to continue to publish planning enforcement information over the internet - this is currently through the Council's public access for planning website and they are asking me to confirm whether they need to continue with this online service. Before I respond, I will be grateful to know other Local Authorities views on what information they display, whether they have any guidelines which I can refer to with regards to planning enforcement information being made available over the internet. Whether this has brought any benefits to the service? I am also particularly interested to know, in addition to the above, whether anyone can provide advice in terms of timescales (ie how long planning enforcement records/information need to be kept online)? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Former Member, modified 12 Years ago.

Re: Online Planning Enforcement information

Nicola, You should read the enforcement sections of the PARSOL and Information Commissioners Office guidance. Regards, Andy Byron.