Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - This week

CLEUD

Former Member, modified 12 Years ago.

CLEUD

My LPA is saying it is going to consider a CLEUD along with two planning applications on the same site before Committee. I thought the CLEUD had to be decided by a solicitor? The existing use is accepted but photographic evidence shows building work within 4 years. I think the CLEUD should be only given on use and enforcement (retrospective planning) implemented on the building works. In any case, surely they can't consider the new planning applications on the same site when they have an outstanding CLEUD? Any help gratefully received.
Former Member, modified 12 Years ago.

Re: CLEUD

Christina Solicitors do not decide they advise. Normally a LDC application will be dealt with under delegated powers by a planning officer having received advice from a solicitor. If the application is for building and use and only use can be proved then the certificate can be issued just to cover that. The planning applications can be considered at the same time as different matters are relevant. The Certificate is based on evidence and the planning applications on policy. The Committee may be advised that the use is lawful and therefore there is support for the planning application. Unusual to do it all at once but it may sort matters out. Les