Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - Ddoe

GPDO Agricultural to Residential Consultation

Former Member, Addaswyd 10 Years yn ôl.

Could anyone tell me if, in their opinion, the PD is likely to apply in the Greenbelt please?? 

Peter Stockton, Addaswyd 10 Years yn ôl.

Enthusiast Postiadau: 34 Dyddiad Ymuno: 20/10/2011 Bostiadau diweddar

As proposed it will apply in Greenbelt, National Parks, AONBs, Conservation Areas, SSSIs, etc etc.

Thanks mate

This is in consultation. It is likely that an agricultural building in the greenbelt converted to a dwelling under permitted development will not be afforded PD rights.

It is proposed to end the consultation at the end of October with the intension of administering in April 2014.

Thanks for your response Malcolm. This is interesting. I think you are saying that the Agricultural building in the Greenbelt will be afforded PD rights for the chnge of use to residential, but once developed, the usual PD right would not apply to those dwellings for extensions etc. 

Please correct me if I have mis-interpreted that though. 

This will depend on various qualifying factors and prior lpa acknowledgement but yes your interpretation is correct.

I must stress that this is only in consultation stage and is subject to change.

Peter Stockton, Addaswyd 10 Years yn ôl.

Enthusiast Postiadau: 34 Dyddiad Ymuno: 20/10/2011 Bostiadau diweddar

.....well after a LOT of lobbying it looks as though this particular  area of numptyism is going to be dropped, at least in Art. 1/5 land, if this Telegraphreport is correct:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/hands-off-our-land/10661308/National-parks-to-be-exempt-from-unwanted-barn-conversions.html

....so ....onto the next big idea - 'droppng the local requirement for a proportion of affordable housing on sites of 10 or less dwellings'.........