Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - Hier

Making the most of the KHub

thumbnail
Richard Crawley, modifié il y a 10 années.

Making the most of the KHub

Expert Publications: 254 Date d'inscription: 07/12/11 Publications Récentes

It's clear from levels of activity and some grumblings that people have not really settled into the KHub. 

I thought it would be helpful if I shared how I have it set up. I find this is the best compromise between being kept up to date and being nagged so much I end up labelling it spam. 

Go to "Home"

Go to "My notifications"

In the top section, "My groups" select a daily notification for PAS. 

Underneath in the "my updates" if there is anything listed delete it. From looking at my list I think it adds an "immediate update" to anything you have commented on. 

This set-up will give you a single daily mail that covers all the forums in the PAS group. I know that some of you have quite vertical interests but the level of activity is quite low and it's easy to skim read the notification. 

thumbnail
Richard Crawley, modifié il y a 9 années.

RE: Making the most of the KHub

Expert Publications: 254 Date d'inscription: 07/12/11 Publications Récentes

Is it just me or is the KHub getting better ?

We'd kind of let it drift pending a review of our online stuff towards the end of the year but perhaps we should get behind this again. 

Former Member, modifié il y a 8 années.

RE: Making the most of the KHub

I just stumbled across this post - I would assume your view on this has changed and that the KHub is nowadays particularly useful...as it has been relatively the case for me.

As a planner trained in the Republic of Ireland, I am trying to stay on top on the whole raft of changes (dare I say "too many changes" ?!) the UK planning system is currently experiencing. In addition I see KHub as a planners verison of Designing Buildings Wiki (www.designingbuildings.co.uk) so we can see how our peers are doing in terms of addressing planning issues, particularly in relation to planning law, precedents, etc.!

This post is my token of appreciation to planners who take the opportunity to share with us their thoughts, queries (and rants!)