Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - April

Funding for councils - new allowance for non parished areas

Former Member, modified 10 Years ago.

Has everyone caught up with the recent announcement from the minister about the extension of funding through 2014/15 - good news.

Plus an extra £5000 per area forum designated in non parished areas ( up to £25000 per financial year) - and the best news is that this is retrospective so you can claim for neighbourhood forums that you have already designated.

And as if the good news never stops.... an allowance of £10,000 to address the additional costs of managing a referendum in respect of a business area.

The next claim window is now : 1st - 31st October.  All claims to go through LOGASnet.

Helen Willows, modified 10 Years ago.

New Member Posts: 19 Join Date: 19/10/11 Recent Posts

Thanks for alerting us to this, I wasn't aware of the extension of funding. Would it possible to post a link to the ministerial announcement/ letter as I've not had any luck finding anything via a google search.

Former Member, modified 10 Years ago.

The link to the announcement on the Gov website is https://www.gov.uk/government/news/cash-boost-for-councils-backing-neighbourhood-planning

There was a chief planning officer letter from Steve Quartermain to Heads of Planning on (I think) the same date.