Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Yesterday

Assessment Periods

Former Member, modified 10 Years ago.

Assessment Periods

Having spent the last year or so with the administration of CIL I am now turning my attention to performance and designation and trying to get up to spped on it. We will be implementing a rolling monitoring system so that we can see at a glance how we are doing.

To save me having to hunt around all the legislation and guidance, please could someone confirm that the DCLG will only be making designation decisions once a year rather than after each quarters stats are submitted.

Also, is footnote 13 on page 4 of the DCLG "Improving Planning Performance - Criteria for Designation"  of June 2013 incorrect?

Thanks.

thumbnail
Richard Crawley, modified 10 Years ago.

Assessment Periods

Expert Posts: 253 Join Date: 07/12/11 Recent Posts

I've held off answering this because I'd thought the announcement would be made by now. 

In advance of it, then, I think that:

• you should not monitor at 30%. Minimum 40% - I'd treat 50% as "danger zone"
  • I think it's once per year (only) that an assessment is made followed by an announcement
  • footnote 13 says "For example, it is intended to make any initial designations in October 2013, for which a two year assessment period ending on 31 December 2012 would be used". They've missed this target, but not by much I've heard. 

Former Member, modified 10 Years ago.

Assessment Periods

Richard,

I think that there is some confusion here. The govt stats on which designation will based and which you posted to this forum only deal with the "speed" measure. Those stats cover the two year period ending on 30 June 2013.

The footnote that I referred to in my ogininal post relates to the "quality" measure. If the footnote is correct then that means that the assesment periods for the two measures will be out of step. Is that really the intention? If it is, and given that an LPA can be designated after failing on either measure, it will mean that the possibility of designation will occur twice a year.  

thumbnail
Richard Crawley, modified 10 Years ago.

Assessment Periods

Expert Posts: 253 Join Date: 07/12/11 Recent Posts

Yes, I think it is the intention that the 'speed' and 'quality' inputs are out of step. 

This is to reflect the extra time it takes for the appeal performance stats to fall out of the additional process at PINS (I guess). 

But the designation process occurs only once each year. I'm pretty sure.