Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - Ddoe

The Future of the Independent Examination

Former Member, Addaswyd 13 Years yn ôl.

The Future of the Independent Examination

I have heard that the days of independent examinations may be numbered and that local planning authorities might soon be able to adopt their plans without the need to explain themsleves to external scrutineers. Can anuyone confirm this and when might such freedom might be granted to us?
Michael Hase, Addaswyd 13 Years yn ôl.

Re: The Future of the Independent Examination

New Member Postiadau: 24 Dyddiad Ymuno: 20/10/2011 Bostiadau diweddar
Keith Holland from PINS in two presentations I've heard him make in the past couple of weeks has said that there is a school of thought that there is no need for EIPs on the basis that if the plan is not deemed to be acceptable by the local communities they will make their feeling known in the ballot box !! However he has also siad that PINS have been suggesting that EIPs remain because they act a valuable brokering role between local authorities and the communities. Looks like watch this space to me...

I wonder which school of thought he was referrring to?

I think I was at the same presentation as Michael - PERA? If it was, then there was also some confusing information from the CLG speaker who effectively told us we need to wait and see! The whole process is in such a state of flux that one is almost tempted to suggest that all those working on their LDFs should just switch off their PCs and go home until the end of November! The local steer I have received is that the Open Source Planning Green Paper is the bible, it's all in there, so why are you messing about with trying to do things in the old way!

I like Roger's suggestion, but if Open Source Planning is already telling us what we should be doing why do people from LGA, PAS, PINS, CLG and others still urge us to carry on with our LDF work as rapidly as possible.