Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - Hier

Local Development Orders?

Former Member, modifié il y a 13 années.

Local Development Orders?

Does anyone know whether an Local Development Order could jointly be prepared by two local planning authorities, so that it covers sites that cross a local authority boundary? The relavant planning acts/DMPO all refer to "a local planning authority" but I can't find any reference to suggest that it wouldn't be possible for two LPAs to work together on this. The information/guidance on the PAS website suggests this might be possible (though not explicitly) in saying that "LDOs are likely to be quicker and easier to set up, communicate and manage if they are for defined development in defined locations and are within a single LPA" but any further insight that anyone had would be greatfuly appreciated! Many thanks.
Former Member, modifié il y a 13 années.

Re: Local Development Orders?

Hi Caroline, I wanted to check out my first response to your question with colleagues before getting back to you - so sorry for the delay. Cant see any problem with the development of the LDO that spans an LA boundary, but both LASs would have to adopt the LDO in order to bring it into force in their area. The possible exception to this is where the authorities have a constitutes joint planning arrangement. If this exists then depending on the terms of the arrangement it might be possible to adopt the LDO jointly. One of the issues that would need to be considered early on is the implementation arrangements for the LDO. Both in terms of consistent customer care and for the required monitoring of the LDO, the arrangements for giving notice of development etc should be the same on both sides of the boundary. Phillipa