Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - Aujourd'hui

Local Plan or LDF

Daniel Hudson, modifié il y a 12 années.

Local Plan or LDF

Advocate Publications: 121 Date d'inscription: 25/04/12 Publications Récentes
Recent Ministerial Statements assiduously avoid using LDF terminology and refer instead to 'local plans' (in small letters). Personally, I've disliked the long winded, overly technical, opaque and abbreviation heavy vocabulary of LDFs from the start. I'd like to rebrand ours as something a bit more direct which would give customers a reasonable chance of guessing what it's about from the title. For the time being, the term Local Plan would cause some confusion with the older generation of plans and might lead to legal complications. I wonder about Local Development Plan instead of LDF with any legally unavoidable LDF gobbledegook in small type underneath. Has anyone considered calling their LDF documents something else?
Former Member, modifié il y a 12 années.

Re: Local Plan or LDF

Yes and frequently but I would not want to put it in print. Seriously though I am also in agreement with both the sentiment and suggested alternative name.

For me, a "local plan" sounds like what I think a "neighbourhood plan" should be. How about "Council plan" ? Or "Plan for our area" ? Or, in your case, "South Lakeland's plan" Although I do like your idea of "local development plan". Of course, you could use the "G" word in it, somewhere.

Why not just Development Plan prefixed by the title of the LPA? We use the term 'local' or a subsitute for it on any other plan document a council produces, so why on a planning document? It's also becoming increasingly less relevant when you look at the requirement to work across borders/boudaries or, in our case, create a joint planning authority with a neighbouring LA. That would make our final document, The South East Lincolnshire Development Plan

The original advice to government was to call 'LDF' local development plans - they took that idea up in wales but Lord Falconer didnt like the word 'plan', but lawyers said you couldn't use the term 'framework' in legislation - hence the DPD, LDF confusion we have Richard is right - you can have a snappy front page Name 'The Future for Grotton' and a legal name printed discretely on the frontispiece. Note the brand new development plan regs (for consultation) disparages the acronym obsessions of the past and get back to calling a plan a spade - sorry a plan - now if only plans could have more than one one word policy saying YES.
Ian Smith, modifié il y a 12 années.

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 20/10/11 Publications Récentes
We looked at the whole matter of naming and description last year and simply called our draft Core Strategy 'The New Plan for North Dorset'. The document cover had that in a fairly large font with a very much smaller font for the formal 'The Draft Core Strategy and Development Management Policies Development Plan Document' underneath. When we went out to consultation everyone seemed to know what it was.