Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - Ddoe

Core Strategy EiPs

Nicky Bartley, Addaswyd 12 Years yn ôl.

Core Strategy EiPs

New Member Postiadau: 2 Dyddiad Ymuno: 12/08/2013 Bostiadau diweddar
Calling all those lucky LPAs with adopted Core Strategies! Sorry if this has been raised in other forum discussions, I've searched but not found any reference to it! We are trying to find out a rough idea of the costs and duration of Core Strategy EiPs. We are particularly interested in the number of hearing days most authorities have experienced in their EiPs. In addition it would be really helpful to get a handle on the number of non-hearing days Inspectors have charged for, such as preparation and site visit days. Any information you feel comfortable sharing will be gratefully received. Look forward to your replies.
Former Member, Addaswyd 12 Years yn ôl.

Re: Core Strategy EiPs

There is advice on timelines etc in PINS LDF Examining DPDs Procedure Guide (Aug 2009) which should be available online (was on PINS website but may now be the Planning Portal) and I think if you ask PINS directly they should be able to provide you with advice on this to give an idea of fees.
Nicky Bartley, Addaswyd 12 Years yn ôl.

New Member Postiadau: 2 Dyddiad Ymuno: 12/08/2013 Bostiadau diweddar
Thanks both. I had found the PINs guidance but rather like Andrea hadn't found it that enlightening! Thanks for the other info/suggestions. Good to hear about real LPA experiences.
Former Member, Addaswyd 12 Years yn ôl.

South Bucks' Core Strategy was submitted for its examination in July 2010, and was finally adopted in January 2011. The actual hearings took place over a two week period (which I think is fairly standard now) in November 2010, and there were 5 sitting days and one day for site visits. The total cost of the examination (in terms of fees to PINS only) was just over £43,000. Based on £993 per day / £134 per hour, our inspector charged for 14 days for 'initial examination', 12 days for 'reporting', 54 hours for the hearings, 23 hours for site visits plus subsidence and other costs. One tip - you will help keep costs down by using an in house programme officer. This worked well for us. Hope this helps!