Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - Hier

NPPF & self-build

Former Member, modifié il y a 11 années.

NPPF & self-build

I see from the 'Housing Strategy for England' (HM Govt, Nov 2011) that there is very strong encouragement for custom build housing (100,000 homes over the next decade), but I can't find any reference to it in the NPPF. I'm aware that the National Self-Build Association (NaSBA) is currently running regional events on custom build housing for LPA officers, which are proving very popular. I'm wondering therefore what the direct 'lever' is from central government to local authorities. For example, what weight does the Housing Strategy have in DPD preparation? If policy is needed, why was it not included in the NPPF, which came out 4 months after the Housing Strategy? Or is it unnecessary given the overarching ambition for delivery of housing in the NPPF, and therefore a looser remit for LPAs that can include self-build should they wish? Indeed, the NaSBA update seems not too miffed at the omission and point to a good deal of the NPPF which backs it up in principle, without being explicit. Thanks for your time.