Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - Hier

5 year land supply guidance

Former Member, modifié il y a 11 années.

5 year land supply guidance

I'm updating our five year land supply and am in need of a pointer (or two). From NPPF (47) can we assume that the 20% buffer now takes the place of the full plan period residual requirement? I've been looking at recent appeal decisions and for the most part this is given a nod, but haven't yet seen a decision on a fine line (ie in everything I've seen it's a fairly moot point as the 5year supply is quite clear yeah or nay. If anyone has had a clear steer on this could you please comment? Also I can no longer find the old CLG advice to PINS on the five year land supply - would apprciate anyone who could point to this. THANKS
Andrew Chalmers, modifié il y a 11 années.

Re: 5 year land supply guidance

Advocate Publications: 169 Date d'inscription: 20/10/11 Publications Récentes
Pretty sure there is other debate elsewhere on this issue. But be careful you are not muddling up requirements and supply. Your overall plan requirement is not affected by the 5% or 20% buffer. And therefore your residual requirement will be that plan requirement minus completions to date. It is when you are identifying your supply to compare with the 5 year requirement this is where your SUPPLY must be 5% or 20% above, in other words sufficent sites to meet your 5 year requirements plus an additional 5% or 20%. NPPF is clear that this is supply moved from later in the plan period (not additional to it). Remember the emphasis is on having sufficient flexibility to ensure delivery of the required planned supply not a higher amount. Afraid the PINS and CLG advice all disappeared with the Pickles purge on anything containing the word regional. Sure someone out there may have a copy tucked away (frustrated CLG/PINS staff perhaps!) Maybe if there are specific questions you have raise them on this forum.