Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Today

Pre-appliaction discussions

Former Member, modified 17 Years ago.

I would like to know if there is any way of finding out how many local authorities outside London charge potential applicants for pre-application advice. The ability to charge was enabled by the Local Government Act 2003, and I just wonder what the take-up rate has been. Is there any way of finding out? Mike Gilbert

pre-application discussions

We're just starting this now in Maidstone. we're looking at a flat rate for advice on majors and minors and free advice for householders. the later will include help on submitting valid applications as our current rate of invalids is poor and very expensive! providing this advice on submitting valid applications more than pays for itself and is probably a bigger impact on resources than charged for advice! give me a call if you want to discuss the details

Hertsmere are looking to introduce pre-app charging from April 2007. We are still deciding on the way to achieve this but are likely to base it around the approach taken at neighbouring St Albans. I have a copy of the repot they prepared at the time if you could like to see it - contact mark.silverman@hertsmere.gov.uk We will not be charging for householders submitting on their own behalf.

Pre-application discussions

The only scheme i have seen full details of is Westminster's. Is this only a Southern phenomenon? In Hull we have recently decided not to charge so as not to deter development interest.

Pre-application discussions

We have been charging for nearly a year now at Ashford - not a huge income stream but little evidence that it has deterred pre-app discussions - in fact people seem to respond positively if they get clear advice followed up with an agreed note of the discussion. We do not apply the scheme to householder applications. If you'd like details please contact Martin Vink here.

Pre application discussions

I understand that Lewes District Council have been charging for some time. The information is freely available on their website www.lewes.gov.uk Seems to be that developers take the LPA more seriously when they charge and think twice about asking for meeting after meeting yet not showing much progress!!
Former Member, modified 10 Years ago.

MIKE GILBERT HAS NOW LEFT THE VALE (AFTER 24 YEARS) Please re-send your email to planning@whitehorsedc.gov.uk >>> 08/11/13 23:49 >>> ********************************************************************* The information contained within this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee. The views expressed may not be official policy but the views of the originator. If you are not the addressee any disclosure, reproduction, other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this message. All messages sent by this organisation are checked for viruses using the latest anti-virus products, this does not and can not however guarantee that a virus has not been transmitted. Please therefore ensure you take you own precautions for the detection and eradication of viruses. This footnote confirms this message has been swept by MIMESweeper for the presence of computer viruses. www.clearswift.com **********************************************************************