Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Today

Community Trusts and Companies

Former Member, modified 16 Years ago.

Community Trusts and Companies

I am researching examples of establishing Community Trusts or Companies to manage and own community infrastructure and asserts provided as part of development projects.This is all linked to community governance and is often secured under S106 Does anybody have examples of successful trusts being set up or work in progress. Many thanks

Community Trusts

I am also doing research on this topic as part of a project that I am involved in. There is the Stonesfield Community Trust in Oxfordshire and the Isle of Ghiga Heritage Trust in the Scottish Hebrides, which follow the Community Land Trust Model. I still think that Ebenezer Howard had the most visionary ideas as expressed in "Garden cities of tomorrow" as he was more interested in social processes as physical forms. The key is that the community owns land in perpetuity. I would like to be copied in on any interesting or innovative ideas in this field. Thanks Duncan

Community Trusts

I can give you a contact for a Trust set up as part of a S106 if you email me at bevans@tandridge.gov.uk