Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Yesterday

Using outside Consultancy \ agency staff to fill vacant posts

Former Member, modified 15 Years ago.

Using outside Consultancy \ agency staff to fill vacant posts

Funding issues, mean the Assembly are currently unable to fill a number of vacant junior planning and transport policy posts, as we are unable to offer contracts beyond end March 2009. We have also failed to attract any interest for these post via the secondment route from local authorities or other public agencies. Therefore we are considering using outside consultancy or recruitment \ interim management agency staff employed on a full time basis based in our offices as an alternative. There is a real shortage of information readily accessible on the internet about this issue. Does anybody have experience of using such an approach to resolve recruitment problems? If so I would like best practice feedback on: ~ sample project specifications \ tender briefs \ contracts used; ~ suitable firms to approach on a competitive tender basis; and ~ experience of using such an approach. As we urgently need to recruit staff, I am planning to go out to tender for such services before end of July 2008, therefore I would approaciate any feedback by end of June 2008
Former Member, modified 15 Years ago.

Contract Transport Planning Consultants

Michael, If you register with the following link it lists the Transport Consultants identified through NCE.co.uk but does not indude smaller consultancies: http://www.nce.co.uk/consultantsfile/rankings_transport_planning.html We also provide transport planning consultancy services on a contract basis and would be pleased to quote, and provide advice, for such work if you could add us to your select list. Many thanks, A Hagan A Hagan Associates Ltd Email: AHaganAssociatesLtd@talk21.com Tel: 07941-783-352 Regards