Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Yesterday

Neighbour Consultation

Former Member, modified 15 Years ago.

Neighbour Consultation

We currently consult with the neighbours that have an adjoining boundary to the red edge application site and where there is no neighbour a site notice is displayed. We have had a query regarding our consultation procedure and would therefore be greatful if other authorities could advice of their consultation procedure. Kindest regards Sally

Re: Neighbour Consultation

Sally The Development Management Practice Project discussed consultation procedures for planning applications earlier this week. From this a guidance note will be prepared and will probably be published on the POS website during the autumn. The group has already prepared a number of guidance notes which can be accessed at http://www.planningofficers.org.uk/page.cp/pageid/123 I am aware that a number of LPAs are reviewing their consultation procedures including us in Bournemouth.

The Authority I work at consults all adjoining neighbours, plus any within 4m of the site boundary, in addition to displaying a site notice for all applications, together with advertising all Conservation Area developments and major applications in the press, and putting all applications including scans of the form and plans on the website - and still we get moaned at for lack of information!

We are also considering our consultation procedures particularly from a cost point of view as we have severe budget constraints. I have just prepared a consultaion report for our planning committee which you might like to refer to. It can be accessed at https://secure.ashford.gov.uk/cgi-bin/committee/index.cfm?fuseaction=DocTrack.getAgendaDoc&AgendaID=9016