Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Yesterday

Design and Acess Statements - Reserved Matters

Former Member, modified 15 Years ago.

Design and Acess Statements - Reserved Matters

Hi Simple question I can't seem to get to the bottom of! Is a Design and Access Statement required with a Reserved Matters submission? Logic tell me its not required but I cant find a definitive answer.

Re: Design and Acess Statements - Reserved Matters

Design and Access Statements are required to accompany applications for planning permission (with a few exceptions) and listed building consent - para. 56 of Circular 01/2006. An aplication for reserved matters approval is not an application for planning permission - it's just providing details required under the terms of the outline pp. So I think it's absolutely right to say that D & A Statements are not required for reserved matters applications.

I concur with one possible issue. It would require the Outline to have addressed indicative design and access. If it didn't, and was an outline with no matters reserved, the access and design issues need to be addressed, and an A&D statement would resolve this. As such, the applicant should be encouraged to submit one anyway, though not a reason to invalidate if missing

Thanks both - very useful.