Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - Heddiw

Advice on Appealing Refusal on Retrospective Planning Permission

Former Member, Addaswyd 13 Years yn ôl.

Advice on Appealing Refusal on Retrospective Planning Permission

I have a nasty neighbour who applied for PP for a house extension. Its a corner house in a V shape site and he's built twice the amount that was on the plans. Anyway after months his retrospective pp has been refused (new plans are not even whats on site anyway). The retrospective PP refusal was issued on 2 August 2010. The LPA said didnt comly with Town and County Planning Act, overdominant in area and sub-ordinate. He was told in original paperwork to comply with Town and Country Act, etc. Would he have any grounds for appealing, how long does he have to appeal and will it cost him? There are some very worried neighbours now and I would love to put their minds at ease. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Re: Advice on Appealing Refusal on Retrospective Planning Permission

Catherine Your neighbour can lodge an appeal against the refusal of his retrospective application if he wishes to challenge the reasons for refusal. He has 12 weeks from the date of the refusal to lodge an appeal to the Planning Inspectorate. There is no fee for lodging an appeal against refusal of a planning application. I hope this answers your question

Re: Advice on Appealing Refusal on Retrospective Planning Permission

As it is already built and unacceptable/harmful, are the authority looking to issue enforcement notices? If they are issued the developer has the opportunity to appeal those, as well, but in a shorter time frame. The lodging of an appeal (on one or more of a whole host of grounds) will hold the enforcement notice in abeyance pending the Inspector's decision. As it is not the development for which permission has been applied / refused he may have to pay a double fee to go down this route.