Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - Aujourd'hui

integrating back offices

Former Member, modifié il y a 13 années.

integrating back offices

I wrote a post about the impact of adding "back office" functions together today, and have stashed the data below. My conclusion - it is not magic bullet, and actually makes things mildly worse.

Re: integrating back offices

file is attached, post is here http://planningadvisor.wordpress.com/2010/11/12/super-planning-authorities/ Feel free to wade in and disagree, I'm quite a long way from my comfort zone.
Steve Foster, modifié il y a 13 années.

New Member Publications: 7 Date d'inscription: 24/05/11 Publications Récentes
Very interesting, and an endorsement of the need for flexibility in resourcing validation. Can you apply the same thinking to authorities with large numbers of applications (e.g. larger Unitaries or Mets) compared to smaller authorities? Or does this bring in too many other variables?

The sample figures I used as an example were from 3 large unitaries. I don't have the original figures to hand, but probably about 12-14,000 applications / yr when taken together. It's interesting that even when looking at quite large authorities the numbers are still very bouncy. And while I've focussed on validation, this "ripple effect" goes through the whole process. The peaks and troughs effect the beginning, middle and end just as much. Actually, I don't know that for a fact. Be easy enough to check ...