Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - Aujourd'hui

Agent Accreditation

Former Member, modifié il y a 13 années.

Agent Accreditation

I'm interested in the experiences people have of agent accreditation and would like to hear from people who are either thinking about it or have tried it. Esp. What are the problems and barriers? What are the successes and advantages? Thoughts welcome!

Re: Agent Accreditation

Waverley have had a system in place for severl years, first as fast track but dropped the early decision and re named it accredited agents. works well in conjunction with other things such as regular meetings with agents with an element of "teaching". Helpful for the one man bands, keeps them up to date and improves their submissions. email me if you want some more details

Re: Agent Accreditation

Swindon has recently introduced an agent accreditation scheme. Initially the scheme is being limited to householder applications. Applications from accredited agents receive a quicker processing service as their applications bypass the initial validation process. The Council endeavours to determine householder applications submitted by accredited agents within six weeks of receipt. It is early days, but the scheme seems to be working well. We are currently considering extending the scope of our agent accreditation scheme as part of a House Extensions Local Development Order that we are preparing. The House Extensions LDO would be linked to our Residential Extensions Design Guidance with proposals that accord with our guidance being deemed to be permitted development. As a control measure we are considering how we could 'nudge' residents seeking to make use of the LDO towards employing one of the Swindon accredited agents. We are also investigating the idea of reducing the Swindon Building Control Service charges to Swindon accredited agents that use the service on the basis that good quality Building Regulation submissions cost less for Building Control surveyors to process. We would be keen to hear people's views on these proposals.

Re: Agent Accreditation - Waverly

Hi Valerie, I would like some more details if possible. Whilst we were involved with the Portals Accredited Agents schemes and do have a Planning User Panel, the difficulty we find is engaging with those who don't really want to talk to us, and it can be that such people are those with the lowest 'right first time, validation record. Also, I have seen your 'accredited agents list' on the web, and wonder if you have had any problems with this, ie complaints from someone who has used an accredited agent and not been happy, or an agent who complains about not being on the list ? Many thanks