Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Ouvert | En cours - juillet 2012 | Dernière modification - Aujourd'hui

1964 Planning Permission with no time condition - Still valid?

Former Member, modifié il y a 13 années.

1964 Planning Permission with no time condition - Still valid?

Strange one this and I wonder if anyone has come across it before? I have come across a permission from 1964 for "the ercetion of a dwelling to replace existing cottage". There is only one condtion which says "This permission does not authorise the stopping up of the footpath that crosses the site". There are no other condtions and in particular no time condtion. The existing cottage was demolished C 1968 but no works commenced on the new dwelling. A new house could be built without interfering with the nearby public footpath. Any views on if the permission could be implemented?

Re: 1964 Planning Permission with no time condition - Still valid?

This issue was sorted by S65 of the 1968 Act (1)Subject to the provisions of this section, every planning permission granted or deemed to have been granted before the commencement of this section shall, if the development to which it relates has not been begun before the beginning of 1968, be deemed to have been granted subject to a condition that the development must be begun not later than the expiration of five years beginning with the said commencement.

Re: 1964 Planning Permission with no time condition - Still valid?

Being in short trousers in 1964 i can't comment on specifics, but from where i sit now, the demolition of the cottage did not need planning permission, and therefore the scheme has not commenced. Obviously there is history on the site of an acceptable proposal... that in itself is no doubt a material consideration.