Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - Heddiw

Planning Officer reports

Former Member, Addaswyd 12 Years yn ôl.

Planning Officer reports

Our practice is a written ( ie typed/word processed) report for every planning application we determine. The length of the report generally being related to the complexity of the application and its profile, and the purpose of the report is to explain and justify the decison or recommendation. All the reports are published on our web site. All of this takes a considerable amount of time, and we think it quite possible that the only person to read most delegated reports will be the officer making the delegated decison. We have had several attempts to produce shorter reports, but gradually they seem to get longer and longer. We are looking again at this with the mantra 'say more write less' and are looking at using templates to minimise the officer inputting. If anyone has the magic answer to this or sample templates, it would be good to hear, or if anyone has taken the decison that such reports are not needed.

Re: Planning Officer reports

Templates is certainly the way to go. There type and length of report will in my view depend on "culture" of the individual LPA and approach to risk.

A few authorities use tickbox checklists for minor delegated cases - only filling in the report part for more difficult cases Make sure the manager clearing the report double ticks the 'all other issues acceptable' box as a risk management measure

Hello Andrew, Tickbox lists certainly sounds interesting as one solution to minor delegated cases, I wonder whether you had the names of any authorities who publish these on their website with the plans, DN etc?

Hello Does anyone have an example of a tickbox checklist or standard template that they would be willing to share? Thanks Pauline

Hi all this was over a decade ago in Lambeth, and I understand quite a few boroughs had similar and cant remember who copied whom.