Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Yesterday

Urban sprawl reasearch

Former Member, modified 12 Years ago.

Urban sprawl reasearch

Hello, I'm conducting a research for my doctoral thesis that compares management of urban sprawl processes in several European countries. Due to my visit in London in the first week of February (starting from the 30th Jan), I am very much looking for an opportunity to meet a planning professional competent in the area of greenfield development/suburbanisation/urban sprawl in the UK that would be kind enough to let me steal a little bit of his or her time and answer a few questions about the British approach to the problem. What I would really need is not to have the whole system explained, but rather to be able to see the practical side of it and to establish a contact I could sometimes - not too often - use in the future if some question appears. My work aims at identifying the most desirable changes in the Polish planning system. Even though the sprawl has already adopted a very dangerous scale and form in my country, it has not been properly recognised yet - neither by the relevant government agencies nor by local communities. I would appreciate your help very much, Regards, Wojciech Wagner, PhD student Warsaw University of Technology wuwus@abwesend.de