Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Grŵp agored | Wedi dechrau - Gorffenaf 2012 | Gweithgaredd diwethaf - Heddiw

Calculating Fees on Floor Area

Former Member, Addaswyd 12 Years yn ôl.

Calculating Fees on Floor Area

We are having a debate over calculating fees based on Gross Floor Area. Application received (non-residential) which proposes development creating a floor area which would attract a fee of £670 (£335 x 2) (Category 2 b (iii) of Schedule 1). The application also proposes works to another part of the original building to install a velux window - for which we would normally charge a fee of £170 (Category 2 b (i). Should the two fees be added together or just the higher of the two be charged? Any views? I suspect this may be another of those situations whereby LPAs interpret the regs/circular in different ways!
Evelyn Gilder, Addaswyd 12 Years yn ôl.

Re: Calculating Fees on Floor Area

New Member Postiadau: 14 Dyddiad Ymuno: 21/10/2011 Bostiadau diweddar
My instinct was that the 2 could be added together but the Planning Portal fee calculator doesn't support this. It appears you can only charge for the total floor space to be created ie the higher fee
Former Member, Addaswyd 12 Years yn ôl.

Re: Calculating Fees on Floor Area

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/english_fees-feb_2010.pdf See the last page, "Reductions to Payments" i.e. higher of the two (or more) unless for the erection of dwellings AND the the erection of other types of buildings.