Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Today

NPPF: Flexibility, creativity & promptness?

Former Member, modified 12 Years ago.

NPPF: Flexibility, creativity & promptness?

The NNPF seems to suggest that LPAs are expected to be creative, flexible and prompt in the case of NPPF compatible planning applications. There is also a clear theme that applications should be approved wherever possible. Does anyone know if any LPAs are taking active steps to embed an increased level of creativity & flexibility in their interactions with applicants and agents in order to help nudge planning applications towards approval? More generally, how should/will an LPA react to an agent or applicant who requests creativity, flexibility& promptness from the LPA in order to help their application be successful?

Re: NPPF: Flexibility, creativity & promptness?

I imagine they might ask for some of the same in return. When that happens on both sides planning is easy.

Re: NPPF: Flexibility, creativity & promptness?

>>> I imagine they might ask for some of the same in return. When that happens on both sides planning is easy. True. Any agent should expect to give as well as take. However I will be interested to see how LPAs approach the initial requests for such a discussion / negotiation.