Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - This week

Planning Performance Agreements - something to talk about?

Former Member, modified 11 Years ago.

Planning Performance Agreements - something to talk about?

Hey all I'm looking for some authorities who successfully use PPAs, and who would be happy to come and talk at our forthcoming events. Sharing good practice etc. I'm looking for authorities to come to these sessions: 15 Jan in Manchester 16 Jan in York 22 Jan in Nottingham Anybody fancy it? Please let me know alice.lester@local.gov.uk Or if you know any authorities who do PPAs well that I could approach, that would be useful to know as well.
Former Member, modified 11 Years ago.

Re: Planning Performance Agreements - something to talk about?

For info, there's a set of useful resources on PPAs available hrough the work that ATLAS have done over recent years, which also illustrates some places that have been using them. For others interested more generally and the relationship between PPAs and the recent consultation on measuring performance, the following information is available via http://www.atlasplanning.com/page/ppa.cfm - News item referring to the relationship between PPAs, planning performance & the planning guarantee; - The ATLAS Guidance Note setting out a comprehensive approach to PPAs for large scale complex projects (prepared with DCLG and issued in April 2008); - The practice note "Making a PPA work for your project" which illustrates some other streamlined PPA ideas (prepared December 2010); - A Topic Paper on "Using Planning Performance Agreements" and Case Study information on where PPAs have already been used.