Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Yesterday

General Permitted Development Charges

thumbnail
Katie Hey, modified 10 Years ago.

New Member Posts: 3 Join Date: 28/08/12 Recent Posts

Hello everyone. 

Quick question, as I have been on leave and then unwell I have come back to work and can't find the regulations on my desk having put them in my 'safe place' before leave!

Can anyone tell me the charges which are to come into force on the 1st October for the class A and class J of the permitted development order?  A link to the new regulations would also be great.  I seem to remember possibly reading that there would be a fee for class A, however my manager seems to remember something about a fee for class J only.

Please can someone clarify for me.

Thanks

Steve Speed - The Planning Jungle website, modified 10 Years ago.

Enthusiast Posts: 70 Join Date: 12/08/13 Recent Posts

Hi Katie,

For a prior approval application under Part 1 Class A (i.e. a larger home extension) there is currently no fee, and from 01/10/2013 onwards there will still be no fee.

For a prior approval application under Part 3 (i.e. a change of use) there is currently no fee, and from 01/10/2013 onwards there will be a fee of £80.

For reference, the latter is being introduced by the following part of the new Statutory Instrument 2013 No. 2153:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/2153/regulation/6/made

Please also note that the new legislation includes the exception that the above £80 fee will not be payable where the same applicant on the same day makes an application for planning permission (for which a fee is payable) on the same site

Thanks,
Steve