Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - This week

Publishing Inspectorate Decisions on LPA website

Former Member, modified 10 Years ago.

Just a quick one - where the PINS Allow an application previously refused by the LPA, is the LPA obliged to update the decision on their own website/register of local planning applications and decisions?

An appeal decision must be recorded on the Planning Register within 14 days of its date. 

Thanks Tony, do you know which regulations / circular requires this?

Article 36(4)(d) of the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2010

[quote=Paul Courtine]

Article 36(4)(d) of the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2010

[/quote]

Thanks Paul

v useful  

Thanks all - the welsh version of this is:

The Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (Wales) Order 2012 section 29 3d.

Now.... trickier perhaps...... what powers does the authority have to publish partial information about applications online when the "official Register" is only available in paper version at one of the LPA's offices?

The LPA I'm thinking of is a National Park and publishes and maintains an online list of applications deemed to be "refused" when in fact a large proportion of them have subsequesntly been allowed on Appeal - the LPA's online info hasn't been updated as they say this isn't their official register??? 

Is this common practice and doesn't Data Protection legislation come into effect if the LPA is without permission publishing names addresses land holdings etc outside of the Official Register?

Forget the law - publishing out of date information like that is just plain silly LOL!

[quote=Paul Courtine]

Forget the law - publishing out of date information like that is just plain silly LOL!

[/quote]

I agree Paul - I'm not happy with the LPA but want to be on a firm footing before making an official complaint - would be great if all authorities were as good as ones I've worked in the past - but this one seems in the dark ages