Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Today

Planning Permission - Residential

Stephen Nightingale, modified 2 Years ago.

Planning Permission - Residential

New Member Posts: 4 Join Date: 22/03/22 Recent Posts

Without mentioning the Council concerned, my Architects submitted Planing on a plot where a derelict Detached Bungalow stands in grounds of between a third & half on Acre.

The plans consisted of demolishing the Bungalow & Building two large Detached Residential Dwellings on the Plot.

The plans had been agreed in principle some Months previously when a Pre-Application had been submitted by the same well established & professional firm of Architects.

This latest Planing was submitted in early November 2021  & the decision date was set for the 26th December 2021, a request was then made by the Council for an extension to the 21st January 2022, a further request was made by the Council to extend this date to the 9th March 2022 & subsequently a third extension set for the 13th April 2022 & as yet this does not appear to be guaranteed.

Obviously My Wife & I are getting extremely anxious with this situation. The Bungalow belonged to my late Father-In-Law & is my Wife’s inheritance, the Property has been unoccupied for over 15 Years & twice previously Planning Permission has been granted, all be one for one under the previous moratorium which has since been lifted.

As well as all the associated costs connect with Planning  we are  having to Pay  to the same Council, Council Tax with a 300% uplift & this is alone is currently in excess of £9,000 per Annum.

What concerns me greatly is that there appears to be no sense of urgency on behalf of the Council concerned, they cannot continue to hide behind COVID & working remotely, people like my Wife & I want to get on with the rest of our life.

Now to the Question: Is it normal practice for a Local Council to request more than 3 Extensions?