Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Yesterday

CIL AND AFFORDABLE HOUSING RELIEF

REBECCA STADDON, modified 2 Years ago.

CIL AND AFFORDABLE HOUSING RELIEF

Advocate Posts: 103 Join Date: 05/09/13 Recent Posts

Hi all, I have a situation where a developer was granted 100% affordable housing relief for a site, commenced work and then mothballed it. The site has now been purchased by a different developer. I understand from the regs. that in an ideal world the original developer would have contacted us to advise of a disqualifying event and we would have served them with a Demand Notice for the full amount of CIL including late payment interest from the date of commencement. However, in the real world we have heard nothing from the original developer but the new developer has emailed us with a CIL Form 2 to assume liability to pay the CIL and advising us that they wish to continue with the build as open market dwellings. Would you issue the CIL Demand Notice for immediate payment, including late payment interest and a surcharge for failure to notify a disqualifying event, to the original developer or the new developer? This seems rather harsh on the new developer as he hasn't technically breached any CIL Regulations. I'd be grateful for your help with this one. 

You do not have permission to access the requested resource.