Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Today

EVIDENCE REQUIREMENTS FOR CLAIMING CIL EXTENSION RELIEF

REBECCA STADDON, modified 6 Years ago.

EVIDENCE REQUIREMENTS FOR CLAIMING CIL EXTENSION RELIEF

Advocate Posts: 103 Join Date: 05/09/13 Recent Posts

Hi all, I have a development that extends an existing house by over 300 sqm!! The Assumption of Liability Form and Claim for Extension Relief were submitted in the name of a gentleman giving a London address. Having regard to Regulation 42A that states that the person claiming the relief must occupy the dwelling as their sole or main residence I asked for evidence of this in the form of Council Tax or Electoral Roll. I have received 2 utility bills and a statement from the gentleman that he lives in London during the week and returns to this premises at weekends. He aIso states that once the property is finished he will only be going to London 2-3 times a week and spending the remainder of his time at this premises. Is this acceptable? The cynic in me feels that only coming back to the premises at weekends does not make this his sole or main residence. Also, the utility bills do not prove residency as they could be renting the property to a tenant with all bills included in the rental.  Am I being overly cautious and suspicious? I would be grateful for any thoughts and opinions on this matter. Rebecca