Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - This week

First Homes

Helen Bagge, modified 1 Year ago.

First Homes

New Member Posts: 11 Join Date: 25/07/16 Recent Posts

We are starting to gather evidence together to implement First Homes and looking for advice. 

Does anyone know which local authorities have started planning for the implementation of First Homes or which local authorities have built First Homes? 

Thank you 

David Dale, modified 1 Year ago.

RE: First Homes

New Member Post: 1 Join Date: 19/10/11 Recent Posts

Bolsover District Council was an early pilot.

Helen Bagge, modified 1 Year ago.

New Member Posts: 11 Join Date: 25/07/16 Recent Posts
thank you David
Judith Orr, modified 6 Months ago.

New Member Posts: 18 Join Date: 16/03/21 Recent Posts

Can I just tag onto this post, where authorities are implementing First Homes is this generally led by Planning or the Housing teams? I know that in Surrey there doesn't seem to be a consistent approach so it would be really useful to know what approach is taken elsewhere. 

richard white, modified 6 Months ago.

Advocate Posts: 212 Join Date: 26/11/18 Recent Posts

See Bucks Council Interim Position

Consideration of apps shared between Planning and Housing

But seen as a planning issue from a policy perspective

Hot topic is that staying below the price cap requires a much bigger % discount than the minumum 30%

Rachel Flintoft, modified 6 Months ago.

New Member Posts: 2 Join Date: 18/06/19 Recent Posts

See Medway's position statement

We've only got one permission with FHs as part of the affordable housing mix but I think there some currently under consideration. This will be led by the planning team but in consultation with our housing team.

Our council owned development company and a major housebuilder secured funding as part of the FHs Early Delivery Programme and over 80 homes have been sold under it in Medway. Our housing team processes the applications but the S106 team will also monitor the schemes for compliance with the legal agreements.

Judith Orr, modified 6 Months ago.

New Member Posts: 18 Join Date: 16/03/21 Recent Posts

Thank you Rachel and Richard

In most instances that I have come across Planning Policy are responsbile for writing the Interim Planning Guidance on First Homes but not in the implementation - which tends to be either DM or Housing.

It is the implementation/ building of the First Homes that I am interested in. Have you had any First Homes delivered in Buckinghamshire Richard? If so, who was involved in processing the First Homes applications? Do you have local eligibility criteria for them? If so, who checks this - DM or Housing? 

Thanks

Judith

richard white, modified 6 Months ago.

Advocate Posts: 212 Join Date: 26/11/18 Recent Posts

Nothing so far advanced Judith